Everything about Windrose suited our needs and the âkidsâ â old and young alike â had a blast. For the first few days, my Mom kept wandering around muttering that she had died and gone to heaven. And believe me, thatâs one heck of an endorsement!! Get ready, weâre coming back to the perfect property and the best in TCI! 3
It was me and my husband and our 2 kids (age 7 & 9). We had the best time. We canât wait to go back. The house is so comfortable (does not feel like a rental). It has everything you will need. The furniture is the perfect mix of being nice/clean and comfortable enough to have the kidâs hangout on. The kitchen is fully stocked and looks right out onto the ocean. The open floor plan in the kitchen and living room is great for hanging out and socializing in a group. The bedrooms have nice linens, towels and very comfortable beds. The slate shutter windows in each bedroom let in the best tropical breeze for sleeping. There are ceiling fans in every room that has the home feel so comfortable in temperature. We did not turn the air on once. It has a great large porch right on the most amazing beach. Great for sunsets!
The water is so calm for swimming (the kids felt very safe) and is the most amazing clear blue color. The outdoor shower is perfect to get the sand off before you go inside. And the hot tub on the porch can be turned off and used as cool dipping tub. The best snorkeling is right next door and close to shore for the kids. This is the perfect house for families or a group of couples. It is also in the best location on the Island. You are close to whatever you need. About 1 mile away is a huge modern grocery store that has anything you need. This is a great house to have as home base while you explore the Island (make sure to see Taylor Bay) or to hangout and never leave for your whole stay. As I write this I wish I was there.
The vacation at Windrose was a delight. We stayed at both the beach house and the cottage. Both were terrific.
The ocean front beachhouse is ideally located on Grace Beach, only 200 feet from great snorkeling and within an easy 'beach-walk' to a number of very good restaurants. Besides the spectacular view and sea breeze, the beach house has a Caribbean charm and character that you would be hard pressed to find in a hotel or resort. The beach house itself was spotless and comfortable. The open floor plan in the living area ensured great cross breezes so the air conditioning was really never needed. It also meant that there was an uninterrupted ocean view from the kitchen, the indoor dining area, the salon and the master bedroom. The huge outdoor deck with loungers and hammocks and another dining area meant that you could even get the ocean experience without ever touching the sand - if you were so inclined.
The cottage had a lovely garden view, bougainvilleas, cactus, oleander, azaleas. It is only a few steps from the beach and was equally spotless and comfortable, very private and cozy.
Add to this the fabulous weather - bright blue skies - temperatures of between 78-82 - the rain respectfully arriving at night so as not to ruin any day time activities! - the mesmerizing ocean colors and waves - beautiful parrotfish, groupers, eagle rays, turtles and tangs to swim with - great books to read - all in all a wonderful, soul refreshing, vacation
I had high expectations for this place because the reviews were so positive and every one of them was far exceeded! Here is what I'd highlight:
- Absolutely beautiful but barefoot casual, not super super fancy (which we loved)
- Main house is right on the beach
- Crystal clear water with very small (or no) waves so it was great for little kids
- Perfect breeze so it was never too hot
- Staff could not have been nicer
- We pre-stocked the fridge which was pricey but well worth it not to have to go out the first night we got there. Everything was there waiting for us upon arrival. Smooth as could be.
- Security was excellent
- Kitchen was extremely well equipped
- House felt bigger than the pictures show. Everyone was very comfortable in the main house and the guest house.
- Guest house is not on the beach but it is very bright and cheerful and the sleeping loft is spacious and comfy - a room of its own... perfect for kids!
- Just a few doors down from a few beach bars/restaurants and a few more from the Gansevort. Location was perfect.
- The agency we went through (Villas Caribe/Travel Keys) was wonderful. We had one person drop out of our group and they had no trouble changing our arrangement to leave out the one room apartment. Very accommodating.
- Locals were very friendly and helpful
- My only fear in leaving this recommendation is that we will have trouble getting another reservation! But they deserve our highest compliments - the whole experience was a joy.